Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide risk oversight, challenge and analytical insights for the Company over all risk-taking activities, through consistent identification, measurement and application of risk management techniques that are consistent with the Group’s Risk Appetite and regulatory constraints. Also to ensure that the risk-related requirements of the BMA Code of Conduct is complied with.
- Support decision making of the Company’s Board and ARC Committee by preparation of CISSA, annual risk plan and other risk management reports.
- Lead and participate in risk-related ad-hoc projects based on senior management or Group Office requests or external developments.
- Take lead in designing and implementing the Compliance Framework as well as Policies and Guidelines Formulation and Review at the Company.
- Conduct compliance training and communicating compliance obligations to embed a culture of compliance and ethics within the Company.
- Escalate key risks and actual/potential non-compliance incidents to the Head of Regulatory Compliance and ensure incidents are managed effectively. Monitor implementation of corrective actions to remediate any identified deficiencies.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting to Group Compliance on regular basis with relevance to Regulatory Compliance framework and other related internal reports such as to the Company’s Executive Committee, Audit Committee, Risk Committee and Board.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science or Finance with 5 years solid work experience in the Financial Services industry handling financial risk, compliance and/or controls.
- In-depth understanding of the Reinsurance business preferred and, in lieu of insurance, financial services.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and self-motivated.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Independent and be able to work under pressure.
- Organized, detail-oriented and analytical.
- Possess leadership, coaching and influencing skills; business acumen; and problem solving skills.
- High level of integrity and takes ownership and accountability of results.
- Prior experience with data analytics and data extraction tools would be useful.
- The candidate will need to join calls early morning or late evening from time to time, to accommodate Bermuda timezone.
Betadia Digital Insurance is the leading insurer of investment products / financial instruments in the global financial market.
Through our financial expertise and resources, we provide financial safeguard to our clients to make their investment decisions hassle-free. We assess, manage and transfer the risk of our insured clients under great protection.
We have protected more than 50,000 investors worldwide and have become the most reliable digital insurance provider since our conception
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Betadia to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Betadia, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.